Discover Turmeric, one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants 💪
Turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and for its medicinal properties.
The active compounds in turmeric that are thought to have medicinal properties are called curcuminoids. Recently, many studies have started to show that curcumin, the most extensively studied curcuminoid, really does have powerful anti inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Curcumin has lots of surprising benefits that affect different areas of the body, among which are those listed below:
1. Curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory compound: it is thought to be as powerful as certain anti-inflammatory drugs, without the side effects.
2. Curcumin has powerful antioxidant effects: not only does it neutralise free radicals on its own, but it also stimulates the production of antioxidant enzymes by the body.
3. Curcumin boosts brain function: it may be effective in improving memory and delaying many brain diseases caused by the ageing process. It does this by boosting the production of growth hormones specific to the development of the brain called BDNF.
4. Curcumin can help prevent cancer: there is evidence that curcumin may be effective in preventing cancer. Other studies also show that it can reduce metastasis (the spread of cancer to other body parts) and angiogenesis (the growth of blood vessels in tumors).
5. Turmeric can improve skin health and appearance: thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, turmeric often proves to be an effective at-home treatment for skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis or pigmentation.
Copyright © 2020 Vitamina. All rights reserved